SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT POSITION
We are seeking a Senior Communications Consultant to support a government contract. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Unlike many IT consulting and staffing firms, our company was founded and continues to be operated by the technology experts who work directly with these solutions every day. We truly love and understand the technology and communications solutions we offer to our clients. This company is well-versed in Communications Management, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools such as MicroStrategy Business Intelligence, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and SharePoint Reporting Service.
We Are Unique & Eclectic
The employees are diverse, unique and eclectic. In the company offices, the environment is friendly, energetic and challenging – where you can utilize your skills, talents and expertise, and where hard work and dedication are acknowledged and rewarded.
Internal growth within the organization is highly encouraged. If you are seeking a company where your individual efforts and ideals will be seen/heard, then we are possibly the right company for you.
Why Employees like It Here
Ask any employee and they will tell you, “it’s the people and the culture.” We seek out individuals who are upbeat and positive, have a “can-do” attitude, love a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, have a passion for what they do, and an interest in others. We are a company with great flexibility—and we aren’t constrained by policies and procedures. We don’t experience any bureaucracy; we don’t have any “management titles” – every position reports to the CEO, and we are paid strictly on our performance. We each have the autonomy to do our jobs from end-to-end. We eagerly look for advanced training opportunities and our ideas are always heard when we present a thorough plan for implementation of a new product. While we work in the offices 4 days a week, we have the flexibility to work remotely for the remainder of the time. It’s a great entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
- Must successfully pass a thorough background check as a condition of employment; however, security clearance is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience as a communications professional in a federal agency
- Has developed (or helped to develop) and executed a communications strategy involving multiple vehicles
- Has developed communications collateral for federal clients – this may include flyers, internet site content, talking points, messaging, speeches, etc. (Note that graphic design support is provided for this position.)
- Experience writing articles and designing communications collateral
- Experience collaborating with communications professionals across an agency
Candidate will serve as Senior Communications Consultant with responsibilities that include:
- Work directly for federal project lead and federal communications manager to support program communications within a division
- Ability to distill highly technical information to plain language
- Ability to work with highly technical people and executives
- Experience using a communications strategy to gain buy-in and collaboration across a federal agency
- Ability to work in a highly charged political environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expert PowerPoint skills required
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively meet project deadlines
What You Will Be Doing:
Design and develop communications collateral and strategy to include:
- Execute existing communications plan
- Work autonomously and with graphic design support to deliver newsletters, flyers, booklets and more
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary agency team on communications messaging and to identify communications support needed to implement program
- Meet with federal team lead and federal communications lead to provide status, review deliverables, and create shared communications strategy
- Develop PowerPoint briefings for executive audiences
Desired Traits & Abilities:
- Trainability & coachability – “know, what you don’t know” and always be willing to receive additional training & coaching; in fact, you take the leadership in seeking out opportunities for further development
- An independent thinker
- A strong self-starter who works on his/her own initiative without having to be micro-managed, or instructed what to do next
- The ability to see a project completed end-to-end, with little to no supervision
- Professional demeanor & finesse in action, attitude and in communications—always professionally representing the Company to clients
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Demonstrated leadership and client management ability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Citizenship: As a condition of employment, candidate must be a US citizen, or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time.
- Background Screen: Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background investigation. We provide a smoke-free (no smoking anywhere in or outside of our premises, or at our customer sites), and drug-free work environment. A “Public Trust” background screen will be required if working with government contracts.
- Third-party recruiters and agencies: Please do not respond to this posting. Any such resumes will not be considered. We will not pay recruiter placement fees under any circumstances.
- This is a permanent job!: Our client, a government contractor, does not permit sub-contractors (consultants/independent contractors) to work on this project.
Please note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required. We have the right to revise this job description at any time. We are an “at will” employer, and as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual arrangement between you and the Company.