SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER POSITION
We are seeking Senior Software Developers with strong development experience, to support a government contract. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Unlike many IT consulting and staffing firms, our company was founded and continues to be operated by the technology experts who work directly with these solutions every day. We truly love and understand the technology solutions we offer to our clients. This company is well-versed in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools such as MicroStrategy Business Intelligence, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and SharePoint Reporting Service.
Our partners came to us with divergent backgrounds: software development, network engineering, business analysis. Their diverse range of experiences ensures that we carry more than a single hammer – and not every problem will look like a nail.
Our management team also understands what it takes to build and maintain successful technical teams in a challenging and competitive job market.
We Are Unique & Eclectic
The employees are diverse, unique and eclectic. In the company offices, the environment is friendly, energetic and challenging – where you can utilize your skills, talents and expertise, and where hard work and dedication are acknowledged and rewarded.
Internal growth within the organization is highly encouraged. If you are seeking a company where your individual efforts and ideals will be seen/heard, then we are possibly the right company for you.
Why Employees like It Here
Ask any employee and they will tell you, “it’s the people and the culture.” We seek out individuals who are upbeat and positive, have a “can-do” attitude, love a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, have a passion for what they do, and an interest in others. We are a company with great flexibility—and we aren’t constrained by policies and procedures. We don’t experience any bureaucracy; we don’t have any “management titles” – every position reports to the CEO, and we are paid strictly on our performance. We each have the autonomy to do our jobs from end-to-end. We eagerly look for advanced training opportunities and our ideas are always heard when we present a thorough plan for implementation of a new product. While we work in the offices 4 days a week, we have the flexibility to work remotely for the remainder of the time. It’s a great entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
- Must successfully pass a thorough background check as a condition of employment; however, security clearance is not required
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- 10 years of software development experience. Candidates must have expert knowledge in programming with one or more of the following technologies
- SQL (TSQL)
- Understanding RDBMS concepts and experience with transactional SQL based databases
- Experience in designing reporting dashboards (SSRS, Crystal or other tools)
- Ability to work in a high performing agile team environment
- Strong professional, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, which offer excellent customer service and support, a spirit of cooperation, and adaptability and flexibility in workgroups
Preferred (but not required):
- Developing solutions for SharePoint 2010/2013, delivering SharePoint CEWP based customization, JQuery based styling
- Former consulting experience preferred
- Support development, implementation, and maintenance of an information portal
- Experience with client-and server-side scripting language programming and SharePoint content management.
- Will help ensure client satisfaction by designing, developing and deploying SharePoint software solutions for our client
- Microsoft certifications, such as C#, are a definite plus
Candidates will serve as Software Developers with responsibilities that include:
- Design, develop, and support custom applications built on the Microsoft technology stack
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective and efficient solutions that meet business requirements
- Work with customers at all levels of technical ability by assisting them in the customization and definition of SharePoint sites
- Coordinate with security and operations during installation and deployment of hardware and software on the development, test, and production environment
- Provide SharePoint guidance and leadership by example on SharePoint best practices
- Work effectively within a government led partnership between Federal and Contractor staff
- Will help ensure client satisfaction by designing, developing, and deploying SharePoint software solutions for projects
- Work as part of a collaborative team with a database developer to build a training program that will support all government operations
What You Will Be Doing:
Design and develop components used in a variety of enterprise business solutions including:
- We will teach you about the ins and outs of rapidly building SharePoint based custom solutions (if you don’t already know how)
- Portals and collaboration solutions
- Content management solutions
- Reporting/web based dashboards
- Enterprise social computing solutions
- Business intelligence and dash-boarding solutions; and a variety of automated business process solutions
- A key member of Agile project teams - work with clients to understand business rules and requirements
- Identify and present creative ideas and implementation options to client stakeholders
- Develop and demo custom software components to client project teams
- A bunch of other cool stuff
Desired Traits & Abilities:
- Trainability & coachability – “know, what you don’t know” and always be willing to receive additional training & coaching; in fact, you take the leadership in seeking out opportunities for further development
- An independent thinker
- A strong self-starter who works on his own initiative without having to be micro-managed, or instructed what to do next
- The ability to see a project completed end-to-end, with little to no supervision.
- Very professional demeanor & finesse in action, attitude and in communications—always professionally representing the Company to clients
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Demonstrated leadership and client management ability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Citizenship: As a condition of employment, candidate must be a US citizen, or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time.
- Background Screen: Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background investigation. We provide a smoke-free (no smoking anywhere in or outside of our premises, or at our customer sites), and drug-free work environment. A “Public Trust” background screen will be required if working with government contracts.
- Third-party recruiters and agencies: Please do not respond to this posting. Any such resumes will not be considered. We will not pay recruiter placement fees under any circumstances.
- This is a permanent job!: Our client, a government contractor, does not permit sub-contractors (consultants/independent contractors) to work on this project.
Please note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required. We have the right to revise this job description at any time. We are an “at will” employer, and as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual arrangement between you and the Company.